Air Navigation Administration // The Luxembourg Government
The Air Navigation Administration (ANA), placed under the authority of the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure, is the air navigation service provider of Luxembourg.
Its main missions include:
- to manage the air traffic in Luxembourg airspace and parts of the adjacent airspace;
- to guarantee adequate coverage of radionavigation, radar and aeronautical communication signals;
- to secure the traffic of aircraft and aerodrome vehicles on the manoeuvring area;
- to guarantee emergency services in case of accident or incident on Luxembourg airport or in the vicinity;
- to offer aerodrome information services;
- to offer meteorological services;
- to ensure the maintenance of the airport lighting and the power supply of the airport installations and equipment;
- to manage the wildlife risk and to promote nature conservation;
- to manage safety and quality programmes.
This year “Europe’s Functional Airspace Block Europe Central”, known as FABEC, has been awarded the David J. Hurley Memorial Award for Aviation Traffic Management at the Air Traffic Control Association ATCA Annual Conference and Exposition on 2 October 2018
Both Belgian and Luxembourg air navigation service providers are very satisfied about the intense collaboration they started after concluding an agreement in 2017. They confirm that mutual trust by deepening and expanding that collaboration. Four new domains have been added to the original Memorandum of Understanding.