Air Navigation Administration // The Luxembourg Government
The Air Navigation Administration (ANA), placed under the authority of the Ministry of Sustainable Development and Infrastructure, is the air navigation service provider of Luxembourg.
Its main missions include:
- to manage the air traffic in Luxembourg airspace and parts of the adjacent airspace;
- to guarantee adequate coverage of radionavigation, radar and aeronautical communication signals;
- to secure the traffic of aircraft and aerodrome vehicles on the manoeuvring area;
- to guarantee emergency services in case of accident or incident on Luxembourg airport or in the vicinity;
- to offer aerodrome information services;
- to offer meteorological services;
- to ensure the maintenance of the airport lighting and the power supply of the airport installations and equipment;
- to manage the wildlife risk and to promote nature conservation;
- to manage safety and quality programmes.
ANA will provide sophisticated “airside-driving-training” to internal staff and external stakeholders of the airport platform. The system makes an important contribution to the success of ANA’S training organization by increasing training capacity for the growing number of airside drivers.
This year “Europe’s Functional Airspace Block Europe Central”, known as FABEC, has been awarded the David J. Hurley Memorial Award for Aviation Traffic Management at the Air Traffic Control Association ATCA Annual Conference and Exposition on 2 October 2018