The Air Navigation Administration (ANA), placed under the authority of the Ministry of Mobility and Public Works, is the air navigation service provider of Luxembourg.
Its main missions include:
- to manage the air traffic in Luxembourg airspace and parts of the adjacent airspace;
- to guarantee adequate coverage of radionavigation, radar and aeronautical communication signals;
- to secure the traffic of aircraft and aerodrome vehicles on the manoeuvring area;
- to guarantee emergency services in case of accident or incident on Luxembourg airport or in the vicinity;
- to offer aerodrome information services;
- to offer meteorological services;
- to ensure the maintenance of the airport lighting and the power supply of the airport installations and equipment;
- to manage the wildlife risk and to promote nature conservation;
- to manage safety and quality programmes.
ANA is a member of FABEC "Functional Airspace Block Europe Central", an initiative by the European commission to create airspace blocks. The air navigation service providers of six countries (Luxembourg, Belgium, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Switzerland) and Eurocontrol Maastricht UAC are gathered in the former.